Join naturopathic doctor and author of Period Repair Manual Lara Briden for an in-depth discussion
of the two most common women’s health conditions. Drawing on the latest research and more than two decades of clinical experience, Lara will change the way you view women’s health.
What will be covered:
PART 1: ENDOMETRIOSIS
In the first presentation, Lara will depart from the popular ‘estrogen
dominance’ theory of endometriosis and will instead examine recent findings about the deep immune dysfunction that lies at the heart of the disease. In particular, she will explore the role of bacterial contamination and lipopolysaccharides (LPS) in the pathogenesis of endometriosis and
will survey the effectiveness of natural immune-modulating treatments.
What you’ll learn:
- The link between endometriosis and SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth).
- Evidence based anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating treatments.
PART 2: POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME
In the second presentation, Lara will explore why reliance on the Rotterdam criteria to diagnose PCOS has led to overdiagnosis, overtreatment, and unnecessary distress for patients. She will invite you to look beyond the sometimes misleading diagnosis of PCOS and instead to look at your
patient and the individual factors driving her anovulation and androgen excess.
What you’ll learn:
- Why PCOS cannot be diagnosed by ultrasound.
- How to distinguish between PCOS and hypothalamic amenorrhea.
- Five functional ‘types’ of PCOS according to underlying driving factors with treatment strategies for each type.
Length: 150 minutes
Presenter: Dr. Lara Briden
Terms: This course is subject to future edits and alterations.
Notes: Notes are not available for this presentation.
CPE Points: This course is valid for CPE points. Please click here for more information.